I did more sitting than usual this weekend, which was GREAT for my tired muscles, and for spending some sweet down time with Karen. But after two days, my whole body hurt. I felt like a different person—stiff, slow, and weak.
So to bring myself back to life, I indulged in a juicy workout treat that kicked my blood flow back to high gear. Check the video below, and try it out! Be sure to read the instructions carefully, ‘cause there’s a big piece of the workout that isn’t included in the video.
After a proper full-body warmup:
Do 10 seconds of sprints in place followed by a 10-second rest. Repeat in this fashion for 7-10 minutes, depending on your fitness level and time available. When complete, rest 1-3 minutes, and move on to the circuit.
Complete as many rounds of this circuit as you can in 12-15 minutes, depending again on your fitness level and time available. Rest ONLY when needed. Focus on maintaining perfect form throughout the workout, and making quick transitions from one exercise to the next.
1. Single-arm underhand row – I use a kettlebell in the video, but you can use a dumbbell or resistance band instead if you wish x5/arm
2. Pushup with cross-crunch x10 alternating sides – you can always eliminate the pushup and just do the alternating cross-crunches if that works better for your beautiful body
3. Jump squats x15 – feel free to eliminate the jump if your body doesn’t like it
4. Leg raise to hip-up x20 – if the leg raise makes your low back cranky, don’t do it!
5. Mountain climbers – fast! x40 alternating
You’ll hit every single muscle in your body with this one—a potent combo of cardio and strength training that’ll leave you in a sweaty pool of bliss. Ahhhhhh….
Nothing makes me happier than sharing my love for fitness. If there’s ANYTHING that I can do to support you on your personal quest for improved health and fitness, please let me know. I’m in 100%. firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-395-4689