Virtual Classes Functional Strength and Conditioning for Every-body.
Sessions at Sweet Mo are full body workouts that scale to many different fitness levels. We can provide modifications or variations on every exercise. You can choose the progression that works for your body and your fitness level.
The Sweet Mo Method of Functional Fitness
A holistic training style, meaning, every aspect of the practice is designed to build you up and not break you down. We believe that the hardest or highest intensity aspect of your practice is only as good as the most gentle or restful parts. Our classes include both. Long warm-up time that builds to a highly scale-able combination of strength training and cardio-vascular conditioning. Our teachers are available throughout the class to answer questions or provide modifications so you get the most out of every session.
- You will be welcomed with open arms. We are an inclusive, Health At Every Size informed, and LGBTQ+ affirming community. Work out with some of the kindest, coolest humans around.
- The work you do in class should translate into your life outside of the gym, and leave you feeling more connected to your body. Instead of training to lift a certain amount of weight, or go at a specific speed, we train to move better and with more awareness. We perform exercises that mimic the way we actually move.
- If you like to travel off the beaten path (just a little), our workouts are for you. Our classes pull the best information from many training methodologies, from traditional callisthenic training and functional training to a variety somatic modalities.
- We are not a cross-fit box, we don't "sprint 'til we puke", but that doesn't mean you're not in for a challenge! Check out a class to see for yourself!
Two class styles:
Functional Fitness: Each session is a full body workout that combines functional resistance training and cardio. Gain strength, increase your cardio endurance and activity tolerance, and move in all planes of motion. Appropriate for most ability levels.
Tuesday/Thursday at 6a (PDT)
Wednesday/Friday at 8a (PDT)
Saturday at 9a (PDT)
Mobilize and Integrate: This class is designed to teach you about mobility, flexibility, and mindfulness, and how to integrate what you learn into gentle movement that will translate into the rest of your training, and life outside of the studio. Appropriate for all ability levels and a great complement to all of our training options. A great option for brand-new beginners and long-time Sweet Mo members alike.
Monday/Friday at 5p (PDT)
This is the only gym I have felt included in and comfortable going to. It’s never about selling me something I don’t need. The people and atmosphere are one of the biggest reasons I have continued to work out.
– Chris Ray
It’s so nice being with like-minded folks who are all about staying fit – or getting there– in a fun environment. I love being watched for my form, but it’s not overt– and the corrections are gentle and supportive. It’s so nice to work out with a trainer who is so passionate and caring.
– Erin Couch
I have exercised my whole life, but I have never been fitter or stronger since I started working with Sweet Mo. I love the workouts (even though I do a fair amount of moaning), and I really appreciate all the thought and creativity that goes into the training sessions. There is never a dull or easy moment! It is motivating to know that the trainers want us all to succeed no matter our reasons for being there. It makes getting out of bed for an early workout that much easier.
– Margaret Morton
What you need to participate:
Technically, you don't need any special equipment to have a great session! Sometimes we'll ask you to include common household items or one of the items on the list below. If you need anything, we'll let you know at the beginning of the workout.
We believe training tools should help you connect with your body and permit you to move in all planes of motion.
- Resistance Bands, specifically "mini bands"
- A chair (if you prefer modified squats)
- A hand towel or pillow case
- A pillow